3-day Scalp Micropigmentation training course
At Micropigmentation Academy, we offer expert-led, in-person scalp micropigmentation training classes that include a balance of theoretical and hands-on learning.
During our 3-day live, in-person training course, we walk you through everything from sanitation and color theory to how to set up your workstation and even how to market your business once it’s launched!
Our Scalp Micropigmentation training course gives students all the skills they need to set up their own scalp micropigmentation studio or incorporate the treatment into an existing practice.
Career Opportunities in Scalp Micropigmentation
Scalp Micropigmentation is a skill you can learn even if you have no prior experience or knowledge.
We not only teach you the skills to deliver this innovative, non-invasive hair loss treatment for a variety of clients, we also provide expert support to help you grow your business. With treatments starting around $1,000 and the potential to earn over $200,000 a year, scalp micropigmentation is the best career move you’ll ever make!
Call 855-767-6427 to start your SMP Certification Today!
Available Scalp Micropigmentation Course Dates
Professional Tools & Products
The training kit you’ll receive includes all the very best products and supplies you’ll need during your Scalp Micropigmentation training course. It also includes enough equipment to cover at least 40 treatments, so you can start working as soon as you leave our Scalp Micropigmenation Training course.
What Will You Learn In Our Scalp Micropigmentation Classes?
Frequently Asked Questions
At the Micropigmentation Academy, we offer some of the most advanced online and in-class scalp micropigmentation training classes in the United States. Our courses are a proven balance of theoretical and hands-on learning, giving students all the skills they need to set up their own scalp micropigmentation studio or incorporate the treatment into an existing practice.
No previous training or knowledge is required and every course is delivered with a low student to instructor ratio to provide the highest possible standard of training.
Our SMP training courses include:
- A combination of online learning and face-to-face classes
- Live treatment demonstrations by our experienced SMP artists
- Sessions spent practicing your techniques on live models with support and guidance from our trainers
- Lessons on the importance of facial structure, skin types, skin conditions and scalp preparation
- Your own state-of-the-art micropigmentation machine and all the equipment you need such as pigments and needles
- Scalp design and shaping techniques including scalp patterning and how to select the right pigment for your client
- Pre- and post-procedure advice
- Health, safety, and sterilization
- Tips on how to take good photos for client preparation and your portfolio
- Understanding different types and scales of male and female hair loss
- Lessons on needle brands, types, preparation, and groupings, and how they can be used to deliver different SMP treatments
- Tips on pricing and where and how to market your business effectively
- Ongoing support from your trainer
Scalp Micropigmentation training with Micropigmentation Academy is a 3-day intense, hands-on and theoretical training course for $4,000.
The potential returns you can generate by offering scalp micropigmentation as a stand-alone treatment, or by adding it your clinic’s existing treatment list, are very attractive. The price you can charge depends on the type of treatment that’s required. Artists who have attended the Micropigmentation Academy micropigmentation school charge an average of $1,000 – $1,200 for a transplant scar cover-up. That goes all the way up to around $3,500 for an individual who has very little hair and requires a more extensive treatment. The majority of customers with male pattern baldness who need work on the hairline, top, and side of their scalps typically spend $1,600 – $3,000.
Treatments usually take around 3 – 4 hours for the first session and 2 – 3 hours for the second session. If you perform just 2 treatments a week at an average treatment cost of $2,000, you could earn $4,000 dollars a week and over $200,000 a year.
Do you have any questions about our scalp micropigmentation training? Or perhaps you’d like to know more about the Micropigmentation Academy micropigmentation school? Please contact us today and our team will be happy to help you.
Licensing requirements vary by state and town regulations. It’s best to check with the location where you live / work. In order to receive a Micropigmentation license in Connecticut, you will be required to first complete 2000 hours. We offer apprenticeship options through Micropigmentation Academy to earn those hours. Please call for more information.